End of lease cleaning Canberra, also known as bond cleaning, is a mandatory requirement that tenants must fulfil before moving out. Its purpose is to restore a rented property to the condition it was in before the tenant moved in, thereby making it ready for a new tenant to move in.
If you fail to complete an end of lease cleaning to the satisfaction of the property manager or real estate agent, you could lose some or all of your bond deposit.
Unlike routine cleaning that only takes care of the obvious, end of lease cleaning is far more in-depth and comprehensive. The cleaning generally involves, but isn’t limited to, the following:
- Cleaning all ceiling and exhaust fans
- Cleaning all stains, marks, and other dirt from the walls and skirting boards
- Cleaning the inside and outside of drawers, shelves, and cupboards
- Degreasing and cleaning the cooker, oven, and range hood filter and exhaust
- Professionally steam cleaning carpeting
- Removing marks from all parts of the floor without carpeting
- Cleaning dust, stains, cobwebs, and dead insects from light fixtures, window sills, and similar fixtures
- Washing or wiping the installed window covers, including curtains, blinds, or Venetians
- Scrubbing clean all parts of the bathroom, including the bath, toilet, sink, tapware, shower recess, and anything else in the space
A regular cleaner lacks the necessary equipment and expertise to handle such intensive cleaning, but an end of lease cleaner has the knowledge and tools to clean an entire rental property and make it ready for a new tenant to move in. All rooms, including the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, garage, and balcony or deck, will be serviced.
The average end of lease cleaner may be more advanced than a regular cleaner, but end of lease cleaners still vary in terms of quality and competence. To ensure you pick one that’s more than capable of guaranteeing that you get back all or most of your bond deposit, look out for the following features:
- The bond cleaner should have experience cleaning the exact type of rental property you live in
- The end of lease cleaning company must have specialised equipment for intensive cleaning, such as vacuums, polishers and burnishers, floor sanders, carpet steam cleaning equipment, scrubbers, and dryers
- The cleaning company must give you a warranty agreeing to return and rectify any cleaning that the property manager is dissatisfied with
- The cleaner must have tools for cleaning refrigerators, ovens, washing machines, dishwashers, and other large appliances
- The company must have a technically sound team of cleaning experts who know exactly what to do to ensure you have no issues with the property manager and can get your bond money back
- The bond cleaner should work with an approved checklist that covers the initial condition report and anything else the property manager may request
For an end of lease cleaning company in Canberra that delivers impressive results at friendly prices, give us a call today.