Professional house cleaners can help you manage your home. If you’ve been looking for services for house cleaning Canberra, then you know there are different types of cleaning services: a regular/general house cleaning is different from a deep clean. So how do you know which one you need?
A general cleaning typically includes anything you might do every week. The purpose of this clean is to keep the house free of dust and dirt. When you get a regular clean, it will most likely include:
- Cleaning the kitchen ⎯ wiping surfaces, floors, appliance exteriors, and sinks
- Cleaning bathrooms ⎯ cleaning the tub, sinks, and mirrors, and disinfecting the toilet
- Other general cleaning ⎯ vacuuming, dusting surfaces, picking up trash, emptying trash, and air freshening
A general house cleaning usually doesn’t take long. It’s good to get these cleanings weekly to keep your home in pristine condition.
When you first hire a cleaning service, you may want to start with a deep clean. The deep clean covers areas that a regular clean doesn’t, and you can have peace of mind that your house is free of dirt and grime. Some services included in a deep clean are:
- Cleaning behind and inside kitchen appliances
- Scrubbing the windows
- Getting soap scum out of the crevices of your bathroom
- Floor scrubbing
- Polishing wooden furniture
- Cleaning spots or stains on the walls
If you need a comprehensive list, many cleaning companies will give you a list of the services they provide. You should clarify your expectations for your home in advance so that you get exactly what you’re looking for.
Deep cleanings take longer than regular house cleanings, but you typically only need to get one twice a year.
How do you know which service to get? Start by thinking carefully about your needs. If your home hasn’t been thoroughly cleaned in a long time, a deep clean would be best. After the deep clean, you can switch to regular cleanings just to maintain the state of your home.
A deep clean may also work for you if:
- You are about to move or sell your home
- You are going to have an event or party
- You have guests coming to stay for a long time
- You are renting out your property to others
- You have active pets or young children
Budget is another factor to consider when hiring a cleaning service. A deep clean is more thorough and takes longer, so it is typically more expensive than a regular clean. Make sure you get a quote from each house cleaner you’re interested in to compare your options.
If you still aren’t sure about which type of clean you need, you can get an opinion from a professional cleaning service. Most services will do a home consultation where a team member can recommend a plan just for you.
Remember: there’s no such thing as too clean. Your top priority is a home you feel comfortable and safe in.