If it’s time to move out of your house or apartment, it’s important to leave it in the same state that you found it, or maybe even better. A poor cleaning job could actually cost you money and cause serious complications for you in the future.If are moving homes within Sydney, contact the us as we are the go to solution for end of lease cleaning Sydney.
Cleaning an entire home to the right standard can be difficult if you don’t have any previous experience. In this article, we’ll take a close look at what you can do to ensure your home is as clean as possible when it comes time to move out.
- Repair any damages, such as holes in the walls, broken fixtures, etc.
- Clear all rooms of dust (this may require multiple applications)
- Mop all floors that have tile or wood
- After mopping, vacuum the entire home (including carpets)
- Check air vents, replace filters
- Check for stains on carpets (if necessary, use a carpet cleaner)
- Vacuum all carpets
- Wipe and clean all surfaces, including windows
- Empty bathroom and bathroom drawers of all your goods
- Wipe down walls, doors, and light fixtures with an all-purpose cleaning solution
- Vacuum the floor
- Mop the floor
- Scrub the toilet thoroughly with toilet cleaner
- Scrub and wash the shower/bath
- Clean all other surfaces, including soap holders, vanity tops, sinks, etc.
- Thoroughly clean your oven
- Empty your fridge and clean the inside (including drawers and compartments)
- Remove filters from your stove hood and wash them
- Vacuum floors
- Mop floors
- Empty and clean all drawers and other storage areas
- Clean out your sink
On top of these ‘moving out’ cleaning tips, it’s also important to regularly clean throughout your occupancy. By periodically removing dust, dirt, and grime, you will be able to avoid build-up that is tough to remove when moving out.
So, why is it so important to clean your home before you move out? Aside from ethical considerations, there are two primary reasons: your bond and references.
If you want to receive your bond payment, you will need to ensure that the house is in the same state as when you first moved in. If your landlord has to pay for cleaning or repairs, they’re likely to take a large chunk of your bond. This is why a poor cleaning job can cost you some serious money.
Additionally, if you want to sign a lease for a new property, you need to be able to source references from your previous landlord. If you leave the place in a mess, you’re not likely to receive a positive reference.
While cleaning your home before you move out can feel satisfying, it is also an extremely time-consuming task. If you have never worked as a professional cleaner, you might not be able to clean the property to the standard that your landlord expects.
Using a professional cleaning service can help you save time and maximise your chances of receiving your entire bond. At Maid2Match, we provide our Australian customers with access to the country’s most reliable and reputable cleaners. Contact us today if you need help cleaning your house before you move out.